Wednesday, July 15, 2009

July Celebrations

All I wanted for my Birthday this year was to be able to go to Washington D.C. for fireworks on the 4th of July and then walk around and see all the sites, monuments, museums, and memorials on my birthday, the 5th. Since Philadelphia is only 3 hours away from D.C. we made it happen!
After walking around a little on the fourth and seeing glimpses of all there is to see, we decided to lay out a blanket and get a good spot near the Washington Monument to watch fireworks. Our spot was great and the fireworks were amazing!


Bri and I in front of the Washington Monument before fireworks

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!

The next day we did all the site seeing. . .

The Lincoln Memorial



of course the Washington Monument again

The War Memorials
WWII

Korean
Vietnam

Arlington National Cemetery

The Pentagon and the 9/11 Memorial that's now there

United States Capital


White House

Land of the Free. . .
. . . Home of the Brave!

There is so much amazing American History in this region of the country. It is so inspiring and uplifting to be able to visit all the sites in Washington D.C. and also these here in Philadelphia. . .

Independence Hall
where Declaration of Independence and Constitution were signed


Liberty Bell

How blessed I am to have been born and raised in a country where I am free! Where I can speak as I wish, look and dress as I wish, worship as I wish, and where I can rise above my circumstances and be whoever I desire to be.

God Bless America!

No comments: