Thursday, August 14, 2008

the beaches

Bean State Beach



This is at Bean State beach. It was so beautiful. It was so fun to climb around and discover things. We found a couple crabs, a starfish, and tons of snails.
Brian and I had a really bad idea for me to pretend to be Ariel, the little mermaid, as you can see from the lack of pictures it didn't work out as well as planned. After stummbling out to a rock, getting in mermaid position, and getting drenched with freezing cold water from the huge ocean waves, Brian didn't even get a picture... Note to self: I'm a way better human than mermaid.

Santa Cruz




This is the first beach I went to in Santa Cruz, CA. We spent the day in the sun and had tons of fun in the sand. Aparently I have some kind of mermaid fetish cuz here I am again trying to be one. After swimming a while this sea lion came and joined us, luckily he was nice, and isn't he cute!





1 comment:

Rich said...

Hi Sweetheart!! Looks like a really fun time. Nice picture of the sea lion but no hippos..? You'll always be Ariel to me ;-)
Love Dad
oooOxx